Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Book Translator

As a first entry for this blog, I want to talk about one of my jobs. Some people may think that translating a book is boring, but hey, it is actually interesting!

computer, book translation, translator, writing, job
  1. Time Freedom- who doesn't like controlling their time? I'm sure we all do. Unfortunately, most of the jobs require you to be in the office at least eight hours a day, five or six times a week. If you want to have a short vacation or if you're sick, you need to file a leave. I'm proud to say I don't do any of that! I only need to go to the office whenever I need to get a book or to get my check.
  2. Saves Money- Since I can just to go to the office whenever I feel like it, it saves me money from commuting. I also stay home most of the time so there's little temptation in buying things I don't really need. Staying at home also means I can cook my own food.
  3. Free Leisure- I love reading books. And because I translate books, I don't have to buy them anymore!
  4. Sharpens Mind- Trust me, it's not always that easy to translate English to Tagalog. But it's fun because you'll get to be creative on how to present an English sentence to Tagalog sentence without making it sound awkward. You have to decide if a certain paragraph can be revised to one short sentence or if it needs to be cut out entirely.
  5. Satisfies My Hobbies- Here's what I love doing most: writing and reading. I am actually paid to do the things that I love most! Cool, huh?

I'm interested to know about YOU too!
  • Are you happy with your job? 
  • What's your dream job?

2 comments:

  1. I also work at home as an online executive assistant for a US based company... the pay is ggod too! def love my job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... you're lucky, sis. :)
    I'm working for a local company. The compensation is not that high, but I'm still happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!