Thursday, September 20, 2012

Weddings

wedding gown, wedding, bride
One of my sisters got married today. I wasn't able to attend because it's expensive to buy air fair tickets and she only told me last month about that wedding, so I was not able to save. 

Of course I'm a little sad because it's supposed to be her happiest day and I'm not even there to witness it! But I won't torture myself in thinking about it too much. 

It's just that I can't help wondering about my own wedding. When and where will it be, and who will be the lucky (or unlucky) guy?

As a romance writer, I am a natural romantic. Gosh, I've been imaging about weddings since I was in grade school. Every time I got invited into wedding events, I would stare at the bride longingly and I always felt like crying. It made me excited about my own happy-ever-after.

Of course I've already grown up and some of my beliefs in love have faded. My stupid heart got broken a few times and I promised myself I will only marry the rightful guy. I won't let my heart deceive me again.

Still, I have this little hope that someday, somehow, I will walk on the aisle wearing the prettiest wedding gown on earth. A lovely music will play on the background and all eyes will look at me. I will smile my most gorgeous smile and I will look up to see my dazzling groom. I think I can see him wearing white tuxedo, but I can't see his face. I don't know who he is yet. 

Aaahhh... The beauty of weddings! Maybe that's one of the reasons why I like writing romance stories. To give you an idea of how obsessed I am about being a bride, just take a look at the picture above. I wore my sister's wedding gown when I was seventeen and posed for pictures. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. although i do want to get married someday, i don't really think about it that much. If it's meant to happen it will happen. I just have to focus myself on doing the things that I'm good at, and just go with the flow... the future is uncertain... :)

    (saw your blog on fn... ^^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!