Friday, September 21, 2012

Dream Jobs


I have lots of dream jobs! Of course by now I already accepted the fact that most of them will forever remain as... dreams. I am already twenty-two-soon-to-be-twenty-three years old. I won't be able to study all of the required courses. Yes, it's possible, but it will take too long. I simply don't have the patience.

  • Teacher- This is my first dream job. When I was in first grade, I adored my teacher. That's when I decided I would be like her someday. 
  • Movie Director- Every time we watched a movie and there's a stupid scene, someone would say, "It's what the director wanted." To my young mind, directors controlled everything. They held the power of the universe. They were the masters of everything.
  • Archaeologist- Blame it to the National Geographic magazine my father subscribed to. Pictures of archaeologists digging something from the past caught my interest. I wanted to be like them! I wanted to know the secrets buried deep down the dust through the years. I wanted to discover long-forgotten things and go to historical places.
  • Interior Designer- I remember when I was young, I used to draw interiors of houses. I love planning what to put here and there.
  • Flight Attendant- Who doesn't like traveling and being paid by doing so? Yes, it is very exhausting, I heard. But you can't deny the fact that it is one of the most sought-after jobs. In fact, I still wish for this. I graduated in Travel and Tourism Management and I'm planning to apply to some airline companies next year. Wish me luck! *wink* 
  • Event Organizer- I love planning and I love events! My friend and I are planning to do this next year. We'll be business partners. She already has an experience in wedding planning, so I don't think this dream is beyond my reach.
  • Gift Shop Owner- I'm not sure if this belongs to this category. But yeah, I want to own a business selling cute items. Something like Papemelroti.
  • Mystery Shopper- I actually had an opportunity last month. I don't want to talk about it right now because it makes me want to strangle myself for not pursuing it. 
  • Actress- Let me tell you a secret. I actually want to be an actress! Haha. I DON'T want their lifestyle-- the thick makeup, the interviews, the screaming fans, the hectic schedule, the popularity... No. I'm not cut for that kind of life.  I simply want the acting part of it. You know, being able to pretend you are someone else. It's kinda exciting, don't you think? Maybe I should have been a theater actress.
  • Writing- Everyday is still a dream to become a better and more productive writer. I love this job because it allows me to be ANYBODY through my characters. In my stories, I can be a teacher, a director, an archaeologist... just any person that I want to be!


So... that's my list of dream jobs. What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. I used to have lots of dream jobs but I narrowed my list down now that I'm old (Geez, reading blogs make me feel realllllly ancient).

    I just wanna be an Egyptologist. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!