Friday, September 21, 2012

Bida Girl (Nays)


I decided to make a weekly post about "BIDA" girls— girls who love reading love stories, girls who dream of meeting Mr. Right someday, and girls who want to be the next heroine in the stories of their lives. Today let me tell you all about the very first Bida on my blog.

Denice Anne Gonzales Dionisio

denise, anne, gonzales, dionisio, pretty, girl, nays
Nays Dionisio
She's on my Facebook friends list but I don't really know her personally. One night, as I was browsing the news feed, one of her status updates got my attention and I decided to check out her profile. When I clicked her profile picture, I was like "OMG!!!"

She's very pretty.

 I decided to make her the very first Bida Girl. When I asked her if I could do an interview with her, she gladly said yes. In fact, this eighteen-year-old girl from Valenzuela City was very happy and excited to do it.

Denice, or Nays for short, is a writer-wannabe and she hopes that someday she can finish a whole book so she can submit it to the publishing companies.

She also admitted that she likes reading pocketbooks because "It somehow takes me to a dimension where all happy endings happen. It's like an escape for me— a relaxation and inspiration as well."

"I'm more on romantic comedies," she further shared. "The atmosphere is very light. But I also like heavy drama because it can really squeeze my heart. I love that feeling. Awww! (Laughs)

We moved our discussion to heroes. I asked her what type of heroes she preferred. She said  she likes guys who are tall, have tsinito eyes, and a photographer or something like that. (So guys, do you fit that description? Submit your resumes now! Haha. Just kidding.)

"So, if you would have a chance to be in a love-story movie, who would you choose as your leading man?" I asked.

"Woooh." She seemed reluctant to answer the question. "Leading man. I dont have anyone particular in mind. Just refer to my type of hero. That's what I want for a leading man."

Her answer seemed vague. Looks like this pretty girl doesn't want to reveal who her crush is! But after a while she finally confessed that she does have a crush. "Let's just hide him with the name Jacob. And the title of our movie would be 'Sack of Love!' (laughs)

Hmm. I wonder who that lucky guy is. Nays has a face like an angel. She looks innocent and captivating. But don't take her too lightly, guys. This girl knows how to fight for what she wants!

When I asked her what makes a girl a true Bida, this is what she said: "A true heroine is a girl who fights. In every struggle in her life, she never gives up and continues fighting until she claims her true happiness. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying."

Wew! Very well said. It was such a strong and motivational message. I totally agree with her. Nobody wants to read a book with a coward heroine, right? It's the twenty first century. Damsel-in-distress heroines are histories. Women are more empowered today. Know what you want and do everything to win that goal. Not just in love, but also in every aspect of your life.

To close the interview, I asked Nays what love is for her.

"Love eases the pain. Love pushes us to do great things. Love completes us."

1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts!